Used Car Lemon LawServing California for Over 30 Years
Used Car Lemon Law in Orange County
Experienced in California Lemon Law for Used Cars
Have you recently purchased a used car in California, only to find out that it has a defect or malfunction that renders the vehicle nonconforming to the written warranty? If so, you need an experienced Orange County lemon law attorney in Laguna Hills to fight for the compensation that you may deserve.
Barnes Law Firm has served several thousand individuals throughout Orange County who have bought used vehicles with problems covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. If the manufacturer is not cooperating in giving you a refund on your lemon vehicle, we have what it takes to make your case a success.
Why Choose Our California Used Car Lemon Law Attorneys?
Barnes Law Firm is set apart from other lemon law firms because:
- We have 30 years of experience
- We collect our attorney fees from the manufacturer only if we are successful
- We handle cases throughout the state of California
- Attorney Barnes was one of the pioneer attorneys exclusively practicing lemon law when the law was first established in California
Vehicles Covered by California's Used Car Lemon Law
The lemon law in California for used cars covers vehicles that are bought with a warranty. These include:
- Used cars bought with the remainder of the factory warranty
- Used cars that are Certified Pre-Owned and are sold with a written warranty
- Lemon vehicles that are repurchased by a manufacturer then resold with a warranty covering the defects
What Is The Lemon Law For Used Cars In California?
The California lemon law for used cars is the same for new cars as long as the used car is still under a manufacturer’s new car warranty. The time that is left over on the warranty is what protects the used car’s new owner.
Under California Used Car Lemon Law, the new owner is protected if a “reasonable” number of attempts of repair cannot fix an issue that:
- Is covered by the manufacturer’s new car warranty (may have been provided by the dealer)
- Significantly diminishes the value, safety, or use of the vehicle; and
- Was not caused by unreasonable use of the used car after the sale
Under California Used Car Lemon Law, What Am I Entitled To?
If your used car is a lemon and you have a case, the manufacturer must repurchase your vehicle or replace it -- you have the right to choose which option you want.
When the dealer repurchases through a lemon law buyback, the used car can be resold and must be identified as a “lemon law buyback”. If a lemon law buyback is not properly disclosed, a buyer may still have rights under Lemon Law in California for used cars as well as federal law. If this applies to your case, reach out to an experienced Orange County used car lemon law attorney for used cars at Barnes Law Firm. Do not hesitate to schedule a consultation by calling (949) 446-1668 or completing an online form.
When Does Used Car Lemon Law Not Apply?
California used car lemon laws do not apply if the problems that a vehicle is experiencing are caused by abuse after delivery to the consumer, or proper maintenance was not followed. If you are experiencing any of these issues, it is important to contact a skilled used car lemon law attorney in Orange County as soon as possible to determine whether you have a valid claim.
- Related: Lemon Law FAQ
Get started on your case with a California used car lemon law attorney by contacting Barnes Law Firm online or give us a call by dialing (949) 446-1668.
Attorney Barnes was one of the early pioneers to exclusively handle Lemon Law cases in California. His goal is to provide every client with dedicated one-on-one attention as they navigate their Lemon Law case.
Start your case with a free initial consultation. Fill out the following form or call us at 949.446.1668.
What Are the 3 General Qualifications for a Lemon?
The three general qualifications are:
- The car must have a substantial impairment in use, value, or safety
- The problems with the car must have been, covered by a warranty
- The owner must have attempted to get the vehicle repaired multiple times or the car must be in the shop an unreasonable amount of days
For more information click here.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Lemon Law Attorney?
Does the California Lemon Law Apply if I’ve Purchased a Faulty Used Vehicle?
The short answer is yes if you purchased the car with a warranty. The lemon law covers a used car if you bought it with a warranty, have a substantial problem covered by that warranty, and have given the warrantor a reasonable opportunity to repair the car. If you have bought a faulty used car, it is important that you speak with an Orange County lemon law attorney to get you the results you deserve.
Am I Required to Go Through Arbitration Before Hiring a Lemon Law Lawyer?