Boat Lemon LawServing California for Over 30 Years
Lemon Law for Boats in Orange County
Did You Know California's Lemon Law Applies to Boats?
It's true! Lemon law for boats applies if the vessel in question has "nonconformities" or malfunctions or defects that compromise the value, use, or safety of the boat. They should also be covered by the boat manufacturer's original warranty. If you're not sure if you have a lemon law claim for your defective boat, give us a call.
Seek Help from a Skilled Orange County Lemon Law Attorney
If you bought your boat for consumer use and have a written warranty, then California's lemon law protects your rights as a consumer. Under this law, an individual must give the manufacturer or its authorized dealer a reasonable chance to fix the problem.
If the manufacturer does not replace the boat or refund your money, then taking legal action should be your next step. The Orange County lemon law attorney Barnes Law Firm has provided experienced lemon law services in Southern California for 30 years. With a comprehensive knowledge of California lemon law as well as a strong initiative to fight for our clients, we have what it takes to make your case a success.
You most likely have a lemon boat if:
- The defect or problem is substantial in nature
- The defect or problem is covered by a manufacturer's written warranty
- Multiple chances were given to the manufacturer’s authorized repair facility to fix the defect or problem
- The manufacturer or its authorized dealer failed to fix the defect or problem within a reasonable amount of time
Safety recalls can also occur for many popular boat makes and models. If the manufacturer refuses to address and repair the problem within a reasonable time our Orange County lemon law attorney can help you file a claim against them to seek financial reparations.
What Should You Do if You Suspect Your Boat Is a Lemon?
Pursuing a lemon law claim for your boat can be a complex process. It requires a detailed understanding of the legal procedures and a proper documentation of all the relevant details. Lack of these can create difficulties during the process, making it even more crucial to seek professional legal help.
If you suspect your boat is a lemon, follow these steps:
- Documentation: Keep a detailed record of all the issues you've experienced with your boat. Include dates, nature of the problem, and any actions taken to resolve it.
- Repairs: Seek repairs from an authorized dealer or repair facility. Make sure to get a written report each time, outlining the problem and the performed repairs.
- Notifying the Manufacturer: If the same issue persists despite multiple repair attempts, notify the boat manufacturer in writing. Describe the problem, the repair attempts, and request a replacement or refund.
- Legal Consultation: If the manufacturer fails to respond or rectify the problem, consult with a skilled lemon law attorney. They can guide you through the process of filing a lemon law claim.
- Filing a Claim: If legal action is necessary, your attorney will help you file a claim against the manufacturer and seek compensation or a refund.
Hire an Experienced California Lemon Law Attorney
At Barnes Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing clients in the Orange County area with the quality lemon law protection that every individual deserves. In addition to 30 years of experience in the field, we are proud of our outstanding reputation in this area of law. We take most cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don't pay us any attorney fees since we collect those fees from the manufacturer only if we are successful with your case.
Attorney Barnes was one of the early pioneers to exclusively handle Lemon Law cases in California. His goal is to provide every client with dedicated one-on-one attention as they navigate their Lemon Law case.
Start your case with a free initial consultation. Fill out the following form or call us at 949.446.1668.
What Are the 3 General Qualifications for a Lemon?
The three general qualifications are:
- The car must have a substantial impairment in use, value, or safety
- The problems with the car must have been, covered by a warranty
- The owner must have attempted to get the vehicle repaired multiple times or the car must be in the shop an unreasonable amount of days
For more information click here.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Lemon Law Attorney?
Does the California Lemon Law Apply if I’ve Purchased a Faulty Used Vehicle?
The short answer is yes if you purchased the car with a warranty. The lemon law covers a used car if you bought it with a warranty, have a substantial problem covered by that warranty, and have given the warrantor a reasonable opportunity to repair the car. If you have bought a faulty used car, it is important that you speak with an Orange County lemon law attorney to get you the results you deserve.
Am I Required to Go Through Arbitration Before Hiring a Lemon Law Lawyer?